Shipping & Delivery
Returns & Exchanges
Caring For Your Knitwear
- Shipping & Delivery
- Returns & Exchanges
- Caring for your Knitwear
All orders will be processed within one to two business days, except during public holidays and any holiday dates listed below.
Public Holidays Closures 2018
Labour Day - Monday 1st October
Christmas - Monday 24th - Thursday 27th December
New Year - Monday 31st December - Wednesday 2nd January 2019
Please allow an extra business day for shipping and response times after a public holiday.
Shipping within Australia
Parcels are sent from our office in Sydney by Australia Post and generally takes 1- 7 business days, depending on your location. Orders totalling under $150 are subject to a $5.00 postage charge, and orders over $150 are eligible for free shipping. We recommend using a PO Box or a delivery address that is attended, as lost and stolen parcels are not covered by insurance. You will receive an email notification with a tracking number when your order has been shipped. Once your order is on its way to you, please contact Australia Post directly with any enquiries you may have regarding your delivery. All domestic deliveries can be tracked here, or call Australia Post if you have further questions on 13 76 78. Delivery takes between 1-3 business days to Metropolitan areas, and 5-8 business days to rural areas. *Please allow for extra delivery time in December due to high volumes of deliveries by Australia Post.
International shipping is by DHL, Registered Post or FedEx, depending on your location. Once your order is shipped you will receive an email with your shipping details and tracking number if available. Please note we cannot ship to PO Boxes internationally.
International parcels are charged at $20.00 AUD. This service is only available for the USA, UK, Ireland, Germany and Singapore and you can track your order at .dhl.com This service usually takes 1-3 business days.
Registered Post is $20.00 AUD and is available for all other countries. While this service has no customer tracking, we are able to attain a proof of delivery. This service usually takes 7-14 business days. *Due to local delivery system and extensive customs processes, customers in Russia can expect their parcels to take longer.
In some cases the recipient's country may require customs duties or extra delivery fees. Extra charges are the duty of the recipient and are not covered by POL Clothing.
International parcels can take between one and four weeks to arrive (country dependent). Please only contact us with delivery queries after four weeks from the dispatch date.
During busy periods on the website, occasionally an item may be sold out at time of purchase. If you purchase an item that is sold out, you will be notified by email as soon as possible and offered a suitable replacement or full refund. Please allow up to three business days for funds to appear in your account if receiving a refund.
Exchanges or returns will only be offered within 10 days of receiving your items. Please note, sale purchases are not eligible for a refund, and only an exchange or store credit will be offered. Earrings/pierced jewellery are not eligible for return unless deemed faulty. Sale items marked down to 70% off or greater are not eligible for return.
Items will only be eligible for an exchange/refund when returned in saleable condition – unworn, unwashed and with all tags attached. We reserve the right to refuse returned items that are not received back in new condition, and these will be sent back to the customer.
In the unlikely event that you receive an item that is faulty or damaged, please contact us within the 10 day period and we will organise to replace or repair the item for you. If a replacement is unavailable, you may choose another suitable item or a store credit. If an item is faulty and there is no suitable replacement, you may receive a store credit or a refund to your method of purchase.
We do not refund initial postage charges for returned goods, as items we exchange for you will be re-sent at our cost. Your own return postage costs are not refundable.
How to make a return
Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your intention to return and which item/s you will be returning. At this time, please quote your Sales Order number and order date, as well as whether you intend to return or exchange your item/s. You will then be issued with a Returns Authorisation (R.A) number and form by return email and a delivery address for your return. Please do not return an item without contacting us first, as this will lead to delays in processing times.
Please enclose a copy of your return authorisation with the item/s, and return the order to the address provided following initial email contact. We recommend sending your return in an Australia Post parcel with tracking.
Once the items have been received they will undergo a quality review, and we will notify you by email of the result of our assessment. Please allow up to five business days for this process to be completed. You will either receive your new items (for exchanges), a store credit, or a refund of the purchase cost (excluding original shipping cost) direct to the method of purchase.
If you are anticipating a refund direct to your method of purchase, please allow up to three business days from the date of processing for the funds to appear in your account.
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information collected by Luxe Industries via the internet, including without limitation, by way of the Luxe Industries website located at www.polclothing.com.au
What Luxe Industries collect:
In order to provide our clients with the service they deserve Luxe Industries collects the information that our clients give us. This may include personal information: given to us by you when you fill in questionnaires, contact forms or other sections of the Luxe Industries website or when you post or input information to the Luxe Industries website; and about how you use the Luxe Industries website.
We study our clients' and visitors' use of our website so we can improve our services and enhance your Luxe Industries experience. When you register with Luxe Industries, you give us your name and email address. Luxe Industries does not collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of thirteen. If you are under thirteen, please ask your parents to register or exit this website.
How Luxe Industries use the information you provide:
If you give us your name and email address, we may contact you by email with special information about Luxe Industries and our products. We only communicate with you by email if we have your permission. Otherwise, we use your information only to provide our clients with a better service experience and ensure that partners, our affiliates and we maintain and improve services to our clients. Luxe Industries will not otherwise use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
Will Luxe Industries share your information with other entities?
Luxe Industries does not sell or rent our client's names, addresses, email addresses or other personal information. In order to maintain our website and enhance our client communications, Luxe Industries contracts with selected third parties. As necessary, your personal information may be shared with these third parties, solely for the purpose of assisting Luxe Industries in these endeavours and subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. Luxe Industries will not otherwise use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless: the use or disclosure is for one of the purposes described in or otherwise permitted by this policy; the use or disclosure is required or permitted by law; we believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested; we believe it necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another person or Luxe Industries; or the assets or operations of Luxe Industries’ business are transferred to third party.
If you do not provide requested information, Luxe Industries may not be able to provide you with access.
Luxe Industries will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure and to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Luxe Industries uses appropriate security measures to protect the information you give us. While we take stringent measures to protect our website and all information, you should be aware that no internet data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure from access by unintended recipients. Luxe Industries will not be responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to your personal information.
Use of this Website
You will be required to register to use some of the features on this Site. We may change registration requirements from time to time and without notice. When you register, you are required to provide information about yourself that is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. Should any of your this information change, please notify us immediately at the following e-mail address email@example.com.
You must comply with all proprietary and copyright notices on this Site. This Website is owned by Luxe Industries and its associates, and subject to copyright.
You use this Site at your sole risk. You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of this Site and for all of your communication and activity on this Site. We reserve the right to deny you access to this Site, or any part of this Site, at any time without notice. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that you engaged in prohibited activities, were not respectful of other users, or otherwise violated the TOS, we may deny you access to this Site on a temporary or permanent basis and any decision to do so is final.
Links and Third Party Representation on this Website
Luxe Industries holds no liability or warranties for any other website that you may have access through this Site.
Luxe Industries has no control over content that may be publish on Other Websites that are linked to polclothing.com.au and the accuracy of information published on the Other Website.
Luxe Industries is not liable to you or any other person for any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages arising out of any use of this Site, the use of any other linked website, the use of any Other Website or any Third Party Posted Material.
How much is shipping?
All orders over $150 recieve free shipping within Australia! For full domestic and international shipping information, please click here.
What payment methods do you accept?
We take secure payments by Mastercard, Visa, Paypal and Afterpay.
What is Afterpay and how does it work?
Afterpay is like a layby, but much better! By choosing Afterpay as your payment method, your item is dispatched within the next business day, but your total order amount is broken up into four interest free fortnightly payments. You will be redirected to Afterpay to view their instalment agreement and make the payment. To read Afterpay's full terms and conditions, please click here.
Do you deliver to PO Boxes and Business Addresses within Australia?
We do deliver to both PO Boxes and Business addresses within Australia. We recommend having your order sent to an attended daytime address to ensure your delivery is received safely. Unfortunately, we cannot update delivery addresses after your order has been dispatched.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we do indeed! International shipping is charged at a flat rate of $20.
Do I have to sign up for an account to make a purchase?
No, you are welcome to check out as a guest on our website. Of course, we do recommend signing up for faster purchases in future, as well as being the first to find out about new styles and sales, and getting a 10% discount voucher for your first purchase.
What is your returns policy?
If you receive an item you are not happy with, we are happy to offer a return on all full priced items and exchanges or store credits on sale items within 10 days from the delivery date. Please read our full returns policy here for all of the details.
What size does your model wear?
Models on the POL website are a standard size AU 8, wearing a size Small in knitwear and an 8 in fashion, unless otherwise stated. For further information on sizing, please see our size guide.
How do Gift Cards work?
Gift cards will be emailed direct to the recipient entered during the purchase process. Vouchers are valid for 12 months and are redeemable online only & issued in Australian dollars. A delivery notification will be emailed to the purchaser for reference only. Only one voucher can be used per transaction.
Please allow up to 24 hours for electronic delivery. Enter the unique Gift Card code at the checkout to recieve your store credit.
I have contacted customer service but have not heard back yet.
Our Customer Service hours are from 9.30am - 4.30pm Monday - Friday. If you have contacted us outside of those hours, rest assured we will be in contact within our next business day.
My Store Credit voucher is not working!
Each store credit is a unique code, assigned to the account or email address the original purchase was made. if you are having issues making a purchase with a store credit, we suggest refreshing the page, logging into your account and trying again. If that does not work, please contact us via by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you ever restock items that are sold out?
If you have seen something you love but can't find it online, send us an email to email@example.com with exactly what you are after, and we can let you know when and if we will be receiving more stock, or help you to locate a stockist who may be able to help you.
I have a store that is interested in stocking POL.
Great! We love our stockists. The best way to get information about stocking POL is to email us or your region's agent through the Contact page.
Knitwear is delicate by nature – that’s one of the things that makes it beautiful. It also means that extra care needs to be taken when wearing and washing your POL knit.
Before putting it on
We recommend removing jewellery and accessories that may catch and pull the knit before wear.
How to wash
Always refer to the care instructions for the best way to care for any specific piece of knitwear, but here are some additional tips we’ve put together to help you get the best from your knits.
We do not recommend using a woolwash on your knits, which we know seems counter intuitive, but trust us! Woolwashes contain strong chemicals and bleaching agents, causing the dye in your knitwear to run. Opt for a gentle detergent instead.
Always giving your knitwear a hand wash in a gentle detergent will help to retain its colour and softness. Or try washing your knits in a gentle hair conditioner – the natural fibres will soak it up to leave your garment feeling super soft and fabulous.
At POL HQ, we like to gently roll our knits up in a clean towel before drip drying, to draw out any excess moisture. Gently reshape your knit while wet, and always allow your knitwear to drip dry laid flat in shade – on top of a drying rack or washing line is ideal.
Knits should not be hung for long periods of time. We recommend neatly folding your knitwear for storage. All orders from POL online come in a breathable bag, perfect for keeping your knits snag free in your cupboard.
Some information on pilling
Pilling will occur in any knit containing natural fibres – such as cotton, merino wool or mohair. But we promise, it’s not the end of the world (or your knit)!
Pilling occurs when shorter fibres in the knit become separate and ball on the surface of the garment, usually through friction (i.e. you may notice pilling where your handbag strap sits or under the arms). Pilling can also be aggravated when your knit is worn under a jacket with a fleece lining.
So, now we all know the best way to prevent pilling is to sit completely still while wearing your knitwear. But that’s not very fun, is it? Minimise pilling by hand washing your knits, and we recommend using a pilling comb to remove any balling following washing and drying. As mentioned above, try using a gentle hair conditioner when you handwash, or some customers prefer to have their knits dry cleaned and air after each wear to minimise laundering.
Each knit produced by POL is lovingly designed and crafted. Delivering your knit in perfect condition is up to us; what happens after that is up to you. We hope you love your knitwear as much as we do.
- The promoter is Luxe Industries Pty Limited (Trading as POL Clothing) of 50 20-28 Maddox Street Alexandria NSW 2015, in conjunction with Deer Ruby, Elms + King, Arlington Milne, Nina Bailey, Bettyquette, Palmaira Sandals Australia, Kit + Harley.
- Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry into the competition is free (excluding internet charges) and is only open to entrants who are 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of POL CLOTHING and its related entities are ineligible to enter.
- The promotion is open to residents of Australia only.
- The promotion commences 10:00AM AEST on Thursday, April 30, 2020 and ends 9:59AM AEST on Sunday, May 10, 2020.
- To enter the promotion, participants must enter their full name, email address and answer the nominated question in 25 words or less.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. In the case of someone entering the competition more than once, then the first entry only will be considered.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the determination of the winner.
- By entering the competition, you are consenting to receive marketing material from POL Clothing, Deer Ruby, Elms + King, Arlington Milne, Nina Bailey Bettyquette, Palmaira Sandals Australia, Kit + Harley.
- By entering the competition, you are consenting to have your Full name and email address shared with the listed parties for marketing purposes only and for contacting the winner in regards to their prize: POL Clothing, Deer Ruby, Elms + King, Arlington Milne, Nina Bailey Bettyquette, Palmaira Sandals Australia, Kit + Harley.
Individual privacy policies/terms and conditions for each party can be viewed at the following links: POL Clothing: https://polclothing.com.au/pages/privacy-policy;
Elms + King: https://elmsandking.com/pages/privacy-policy;
Arlington Milne: https://arlingtonmilne.com/pages/terms-conditions
Palmaira Sandals Australia: https://www.palmairasandalsaustralia.com/pages/terms-conditions
Kit + Harley: https://www.deerruby.com.au/pages/terms-conditions;
- Judging will be conducted by a member or members of the promoter at 50 20-28 Maddox Street Alexandria NSW 2015. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The single best entry, answering the competition question 'what's the best thing about your mum', as determined by the judges in their absolute discretion, based on the creative merit of the entries, will be the prize winner.The winner will be selected and announced by on Sunday 10 May 2020.
- The winner will be notified by email. The winner will have 2 business days to respond, or will be deemed to have forfeited their prize.
- Should the winner not claim their prize, an unclaimed prize selection will take place, a new winner selected and announced on Wednesday, May 13, 2020. The new winner shall be notified by email.
- The prize is one of 1x $350AUD store credit to be used on a Winter AW20 Knit at POL CLOTHING website polclothing.com.au, 1 x $ $259.95 store credit to be used on a personalised necklace at Deer Ruby deerruby.com.au, 1 x pair Palmaira Sandals Australia Tan Nubuck Sandals $110, 1 x Arlington Milne Coco Clutch in Putty, $269.95, 1 x Elms + King Ferrara Day Bag Black $89.95, 1 x Elms + King New York Purse Gold $59.95, 1 x Bettyquette 3 piece gift pack $120, 1 x Nina Bailey Noir Candle $39.95, 1 x Kit + Harley Reusable Coffee Cup $29.95.
- The Prize does not include insurance and are the responsibility of the winner.
- The total recommended retail price prize pool value is $1329AUD (inclusive of Australian GST).
- Except as specified in these Terms and Conditions, each Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable and non-redeemable for cash. Each Prize must be taken as offered. No modifications or exchanges will be possible, except as set out in these Terms and Conditions. The clause does not set out to limit any rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
- POL CLOTHING expressly reserves the right to resolve any discrepancies, disputes or otherwise unforeseen circumstances as it deems fit and POL CLOTHING's decision will be final and binding upon every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. POL CLOTHING expressly reserves the right to change or alter these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- POL CLOTHING accepts no responsibility for incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, misdirected or illegible submissions.
- POL CLOTHING shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered by any entrant or winner (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of taking any prize, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- POL CLOTHING shall not be responsible for any entries that are not received or are otherwise interfered with due to problems with the internet or telecommunications services. Automated entry software or spamming that allows an entrant to enter multiple times is prohibited and all entries submitted by that entrant will be deemed invalid.
- If this promotion is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including unauthorised intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of POL CLOTHING, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, POL CLOTHING reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) in its sole discretion to cancel the competition or to disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process.
- Entries must be the entrant's original work. POL CLOTHING reserves the right to require the entrant to verify that the entry is the entrant's original work. Entrants warrant that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights. Entrants agree to indemnify POL CLOTHING and its associated agencies against all losses, damages, claims and costs by third parties arising out of, connected to, or resulting from, a breach of the warranty set out in this clause.
- By entering this competition, entrants (i) grant POL CLOTHING a non-exclusive licence to use the content of their entry, or any part of the content of the entry, in any way the POL CLOTHING wishes (including modifying, adapting, copying, cropping, retouching, editing, publishing, broadcasting or communicating the entry whether in original or modified form in whole or in part) in all media for the purposes of the POL CLOTHING's business on its website, social media or in any marketing campaign, without payment to the entrant of royalties or compensation. If requested by the POL CLOTHING, Entrants agree to sign any further documentation required by POL CLOTHING to give effect to this clause; (ii) consent to POL CLOTHING dealing with their entry content in any way that may otherwise infringe the entrants moral rights, and agree not to assert their moral rights (wherever such rights are recognised) in respect of their entry against POL CLOTHING or its assigns, licensees or successors; and (iii) consent to POL CLOTHING using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by POL CLOTHING.
- The winner in this competition agrees that their identity may be disclosed in winner announcements and promotional material.